10 Jan ON THE GO BREAKFASTS FOR BUSY WOMEN!
Mornings, you either love them or hate them! But one thing everyone has in common with them, is the need for a healthy and nutritious breakfast to start your day off right! You know what they say, it’s the most important meal of the day!
We know, we know.. you’re simply too busy to worry about making yourself a healthy breakfast right? Gosh, with all the other one million things that you need to get done before you walk out the door, we get it breakfast is the last thing on your mind.
Hence why those breakfast drinks and cookies are loads easier because you can just grab them as you are walking out the door. But.. what would you say if we told you that some of those “healthy” on the go breakfast options contained almost 5 teaspoons of sugar in a serve! They’re marketed as being healthy, yet they almost contain the full daily recommended intake of sugar. Heck, you may as well just eat a chocolate bar for breakfast. Not to mention, they are full of crap (excuse our language) and are going to leave you feeling sluggish and hungry shortly after you’ve had it!
So, we are here to save the day! We’ve come up with our top 3 Real Health NZ “on the go” breakfast options that are healthy, nutritious and hearty! They will be sure to leave you feeling energised, satisfied and ready to smash the day! They are all so easy and can even be prepared the night before so you can literally grab and go. Here they are below.
Cinnamon & Apple Overnight Oats
Ingredients – serves 1
- 1 apple
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a cup/jar mix together oats, milk, maple syrup & cinnamon
- Mix together until well combined and store in the fridge overnight
- When ready to eat top with diced apple and a sprinkle of cinnamon!
Egg Veggie Muffins
Ingredients – serves 6
- ¼ cup capsicum mix of colours
- ¼ cup red onion
- ¼ cup baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup mushrooms
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- 5 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Finely dice all veggies and add to the bottom of a muffin tray. Our veggies are just a guide, feel free to get creative and play around with your veggie combos. Fresh herbs would also be a delicious addition
- Crack eggs and mix into a bowl, season with salt and pepper
- Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and pop into the oven for approximately 15 mins or until cooked right through
Fruity Chia Pots
Ingredients – serves 2
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp melted honey
- 1 tsp 100% vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 7 tbsp chia seeds
- Any fresh fruit to top- pomegranate seeds, mango, blueberries, strawberries etc
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix well (no one likes a chunky chia pot)
- Pour into 2 jars and store in the fridge overnight to set
- Top with fresh fruit to serve!
So now you’ve got some awesome breakfast ideas, we hope you get the chance to give them a try and that you love them as much as we do! If you are still unsure of what you should be fueling your body with for the rest of the day, then why not try out our FREE, 2 week Real Health NZ membership. You’ll get access to over 100 of our healthy eating recipes as well as workouts and so much more! Give it a try and if you like it you can stay on as one of our members for just $19 p/m! If you don’t want to continue you can easily cancel your membership at anytime.